As a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor with over 20 years of experience helping clients achieve their personal and relationship goals, you could say I’m a “seasoned” therapist with the curiosity and clinical passion of a counselor right out of graduate school. I have been happily married for 23 years and am a mother of three children so I deeply understand the challenges of maintaining a healthy relationship and the anxieties and joys of parenthood. I can assure you that you are not alone! Together we will work to help you learn to love yourself, have peaceful & nurturing relationships and be the parent that you want to be!
- I work with individual clients who struggle with their toxic thoughts that create anxiety and depression which negatively impacts every aspect of their lives.
- I help individuals struggling with low self-esteem finally feel good about themselves.
- I work with individuals who want to create and maintain better boundaries in their lives whether that be with work/life balance, in relationships, with social media, or other negative habits they want to break.
- I aid lonely individuals in finding deep and meaningful friendships and intimate relationships.
- I work with couples who are totally exhausted from constant miscommunication and arguing to finally feel heard and connected to their partners.
- I assist women on their fertility journey who worry they won’t ever have the family that they dream of.
- I guide new mothers and fathers through the anxious and exhausted days of infancy.
- I help stressed-out parents understand their children’s developmental stages and how to work with their children to raise happy, well behaved and thriving children.
My therapeutic style is very interactive and directive. I help my clients understand the constraints that are keeping them from achieving their goals and ways to overcome them. I am engaged in each session, give feedback, ask exploratory questions and give homework between sessions. I want my clients to feel like they are getting the most out of our work together and that they are not alone in their journey. My greatest sense of pride is when my clients graduate from our work together having achieved their goals!
My therapeutic work is informed by my post-graduate specialization in couples and family therapy from The Family Institute at Northwestern University. I received my graduate degree in counseling psychology from Loyola University of Chicago. Before entering private practice I was the Clinical Director at Youth Organizations Umbrella, Inc. for 9 years. The clinical orientations that guide my work are: Gottman Therapy, Emotionally Focused Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Brief Solution Focused Therapy, Internal Family Systems Therapy, Imago Therapy and Client Centered.
Credentials & Memberships
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) in the state of Illinois
- Masters of Arts, Community Counseling, Loyola University of Chicago
- 2 year Post graduate Certificate Program in Marriage and Family Therapy at the Family Institute at Northwestern University.
- Member of Illinois Counselor Association
- Diplomat in Illinois Mental Health Counselors Association
- Certified Level II Gottman Therapist
- Certified Level I Emotionally Focused Therapist
- Certification in Perinatal Mood Disorders from Postpartum Support International (PSI)
- Founder of GRASP Group; a new parents support resource in 2010
- Founder of Third Coast Wellness